Tuesday, February 10, 2009

What I do spend a few dollars on

I still can't figure out how to put which pic where, so I'll start off topic. This is a valentine I made for my friend JJ, out of scraps most of which were 4 to 5 years old. I never throw anything away, bless my heart.






Sometimes I'll buy junk I want just for the fun of it, if it's under a dollar. Below, my Transformer watch for 75 cents, and the fake doorbell shocker for 99 cents. I laughed at the doorbell shocker for one entire day, and still giggle every time I spot it, so it was definitely a worthy purchase.






I mostly use what's on hand and given to me, but when I have a little extra cash, I head to the dollar store on the corner and see what I can find. Today I bought three bottle of nail polish, two packages of hair beads, a pair of earrings, and a bead necklace and earrings. That last will be separated for use in earrings, the pony beads I plan to make some kind of My Aim is True Elvis Costello thing (because the album background is tiny black and white squares, I always refer to this pattern as EC checkerboard), and I use the nail polish to paint frames, charms and whatnot. The big black heart earrings I wanted to actually wear, but they are the kind that make a lot of racket, so I can't. Those jangly earrings drive me mad. So they will be cannibalized for parts too.



Next time, what became of the plastic bead necklace.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you so much it is a great guide, now to make something out of nothing is simple and easy utilizing your guidance. Kudos

    ReplyDelete

Big thanks for checking out my blog. I'd be delighted to hear from you!